- ?Which of the following is not an element of fiscal policy?
- ?Which of the following is associated with a negative Public Sector Net Cash Requirement?
- ?........................................ taxes are collected by the Revenue authority from a business, which
attempts to pass on the tax to consumers...
- ?If a government has a macro-economic policy objective of expanding the overall level of economic
activity, which of the following measures would not ...
- ?The currency in country X is the Krone while country Y uses the Euro. Country Y has recently
experienced an increase in its exchange rate with Countr...
- ?The following, with one exception, are ‘protectionist measures’ in international trade. Which is the
- ?Are the following statements true or false?
1 Frictional unemployment will be short term
2 Governments can encourage labour mobility if they want to...
- ?Monetary policy is a government economic policy relating to:
1 Interest rates
3 Public borrowing and spending
4 Exchange rates
- ?Which of the following organisations might benefit from a period of high price inflation?
- ?Which of the following are the goals of macroeconomic policy?
1 Encouraging economic growth
2 Low unemployment
3 Achievement of a balance between e...
- ?Which of the following is an example of cyclical unemployment?
- ?A surplus on the balance of payments usually refers to a surplus or deficit on the
Which word corr...
- ?........................................ economic growth is determined by supply-side rather than by demand side
Which word correctly compl...
- ?1 In a free market economy, the price mechanism:
- ?The supply curve of a firm operating in a competitive market is its
- ?A legal minimum price is set which is below the equilibrium price. What will be the impact of this?
- ?Which one of the following would cause the supply curve for a good to shift to the right (outwards from
- ?When the price of a good is held above the equilibrium price, the result will be
- ?Which one of the following would not lead directly to a shift in the demand curve for overseas holidays?
- ?Which of the following is likely to lead to a fall in the price of good Q which is a normal good?
- ?According to the theory of the firm, which of the following statements describes an oligopoly?
- ?Which of the following is not a substitute for carpets?
- ?Which of the following is not a complement to cars?
- ?The demand for fashion goods is not influenced by:
- ?If the price of coffee falls, which one of the following outcomes would be expected to occur?
- ?Consider the price and demand for flower vases. The price of cut flowers goes up sharply. Which of the
following would you expect to happen?
- ?Consider the price and demand for tickets to travel by sea ferry. The price of travelling by hovercraft (a
substitute form of travel) goes up. Which ...
- ?The summer demand for hotel accommodation in London comes mainly from foreign tourists. Demand
for hotel rooms in London in summer could be reduced b...
- ?ABC produces a variety of soft drink. It has two competitors but all three producers use product differentiation to distinguish themselves from each o...
- ?Suppose that, in a certain advanced industrialised country, the government has applied price controls
over rents of both public and private rented ac...
- ?The demand curve for a resource may shift because of
- ?Consumer surplus is:
- ?If the absolute value of the price elasticity of demand for dry white wine is greater than one, a decrease
in the price of all wine would result in:
- ?If both the supply and the demand for a good increase, the
market price will
- ?A supply curve illustrates the relationship between
- ?As a business owner you have determined that the demand
for your product is inelastic. Based upon this assessment you
- ?Which one of the following has an inverse relationship with
the demand for money?
- ?An improvement in technology that in turn leads to improved
worker productivity would most likely result in
- ?Which of the following market features is likely to cause a
surplus of a particular product?
- ?A decrease in the price of a complementary good will
- ?Demand for a product tends to be price inelastic if
- ?Which of the following has the highest price elasticity coefficient?
- ?The local video store’s business increased by 12% after the
movie theater raised its prices from $6.50 to $7.00. Thus, relative
to movie theater adm...
- ?An individual receives an income of $3,000 per month, and
spends $2,500. An increase in income of $500 per month occurs,
and the individual spends $...
- ?Which of the following is not one of the five forces in Porter’s
model for industry analysis?
- ?Which of the following is a defining characteristic of supply
- ?Which of the following is not a likely strategy for a firm in a
purely competitive market?
- ?What is the purpose of a response profile in competitor
- ?The process of dividing all potential consumers into
smaller groups of buyers with distinct needs, characteristics, or
behaviors, who might require ...
- ?Which of the following measures of unemployment would
be of least importance to management when trying to predict the
future state of the economy?
- ?Which of the following best describes the steps involved in
performing competitor analysis?
- ?An oligopolist faces a “kinked” demand curve. This
terminology indicates that
- ?All of the following are ways that companies in developed
countries generally may compete with companies in developing